- Worship Services and Lectionary for next Sunday
Next Sunday, July 4th, 2021, we will have Malayalam Holy Communion Service starting at 8:30 AM, and English Divine Service starting at 11:15 AM. Pasadena Area members will be assisting the Holy Communion Service.
Theme: Christian Stewardship – Tithe Offering
1st Lesson: 1 Chronicles 29:1-9
2nd Lesson: Acts 5:1-11
Epistle: Philippians 4:10-20
Gospel: Luke 19:11-26
- Prayer Meetings
- Fasting Prayer (at Church, and Zoom)
Friday, June 25th @ 9:30 AM
Meeting ID: 440 320 308, Passcode: 2222
- Organizational Announcements
- Sunday School
- Summer Sunday School session today, June 27th, on Zoom
- July Session: July 11th and 18th
- August Session: August 8th
|Group||Age||Time||ZOOM Meeting Information|
|Little ones||3 to 6||1:30 pm – 2:30 pm||Meeting ID: 81162467644
|Primary||7 to 9||2:30 pm – 3:30 pm||Meeting ID: 86805761067
|Junior||10 to 13||3:30 pm – 4:30 pm||Meeting ID: 84049551060
|Senior||14 to 17||4:30 pm – 5:30 pm||Meeting ID: 81911762720
- Intramural Bible quiz will be held on Sunday, July 11th. The Bible Quiz questions will be from the gospel of Mark, chapters 1-16, with an additional 5 questions each from the New Testament and OLD Testament. NRSV Bible is the selected version for the Bible quiz.
- VBS – July 22, 23, 24 (Th, Fri, Sat)
- In person VBS – $20/person
- Theme – Destination Dig
- Virtual VBS – $10 /person
- Theme – Totally 80s
- Registration Link: https://trinitymtc.org/vbs/
- Registration begins online May 23rd and ends July 10th (no registrations on the days of the VBS). VBS registration is for students who have completed Pre-K through 12th grade. Since our church is following covid protocols, All VBS attendees including volunteers must be registered. If you have any additional questions regarding VBS, you can contact VBS coordinator Stacy George or Sunday School leadership directly or via email email@example.com.
- If you wish to donate money for the VBS and or sponsor a meal during VBS, please contact Sunday School Superintendent (Anil) @ 832 594 7198 or Treasurer (Shawn) @ 832 259 5080.
John Varghese (Anil) (Phone #: 832 594 7198)
- Youth Fellowship
- Attention all TMC members! As a fundraiser for Youth Fellowship, we are selling Trinity merchandise! You can preorder your very own Trinity water bottle, shirt, or cooler bag!!
- All designs were created by YF members!
- Go to www.tmcyf.org under the shop tab and you can purchase your items there!
- Items will be distributed in August. Last day to purchase is July 24th! Payments can be made online or via Venmo TMC-YF.
- Please let a YF officer know if you have any questions! We appreciate all your support!
- Healing Hearts Ministry
- Healing Hearts is inviting all of you to write about your experience of God’s Healing Touch in your life and combine it into a pdf book.
- This could be any form of your illness including cancer, heart and kidney problems or any emotional struggles that you went through, & you felt the healing power of our Lord Jesus.
- The purpose of this in a book format is to reinforce our conviction of Healing and to strengthen others who go through similar situations.
- Your material can even be handwritten, in English or in Malayalam.
- Deadline to submit material is Monday, July 5th
- Yuvajana Sakhyam
- Encouraging all Yuvajana Sakhyam members to join cottage prayer on Sunday, June 27th, after the Church service.
- Bible quiz is planned for Sunday, August 8th after Church service.
Portions: Genesis 1-10 & Luke 1-10.
Please notify one of the office bearers of your interest to participate by Monday, June 28th.
- Sevika Sanghom
- SWR Center B Suvisesha Sevika Sanghom monthly prayer for the month of June will be held on June 28th Monday from 7:30 pm to 8:45 pm via Zoom platform.
- Mrs. Shijy Alex, a member of Chicago Mar Thoma Church will speak from the word of God during this meeting.
- I humbly request all the Sevika Sanghom members from Center B Churches to participate in this meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 799 998 2537
Dial by your location – 1 346 248 7799 US
- Offertory collection details:
- Sunday, June 20th ($ 2,731)
- GENERAL: $ 1,479, BIRTHDAY: $ 455, WEDDING ANNIVERSARY: $ 797
- Indian Christian Ecumenical Community of Houston (ICECH)
- Basketball Tournament @ Trinity Center (5810 Almeda Genoa Road, Houston, Texas)
- Saturday, July 10th (8:00 AM – 8:00 PM)
- Sunday, July 11th (1:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- The Indian Christian Ecumenical Community of Houston (ICECH) is planning to conduct 40th Anniversary Celebration at 5 p.m. on Sunday, June 27, 2021 in St. Peter’s Malankara Catholic Church, 3135 5th Street, Stafford. Details are in the attached flyer.
- Thank you for your valuable prayers, presence and support for the success of the ICECH.
- Secretary’s Note:
- LIGHT TO LIFE MISSION PROJECT
Reaching out to the unreached with the message of love through education
- Light to Life is a social development endeavor of the Diocese of North America to ensure children from poor communities get access to life’s essentials, provide them necessary facilities for education and enable them to lead a life of dignity.
- The project aims at social transformation of communities by the holistic development of children through education, health care, food and shelter. The Mar Thoma Mission Board of the Diocese of North America will implement this project in partnership with the church related agencies in India. You can sponsor a child by donating $20.00 a month ($240.00 a year).
- Last year Trinity Parish sponsored 211 children. Let us all join hands to transform the lives of these children for a better world. Light to Life flyer and pledge form is attached.
- For more information, please contact Mr. Shawn Varghese, Mr. Jaison V. Cherian or Mr. T. A. Mathew. Thank you for your prayerful support and help.
- General Body Meeting
Notice is hereby given that a General Body meeting of Trinity Mar Thoma Church will be held on Sunday, July 11, 2021, at 5810 Almeda Genoa Road, Houston, Texas 77048, immediately following the English Holy Communion Service. Agenda:
- Trinity Sunday School Building Project update
- Consideration to have only 1 Achen serve the Trinity Parish, starting in 2022.
- Open a new Trinity Mission Fund account with a new bank.
All General Body members are requested to attend this meeting.
- An individualized alarm codewill be provided to those assigned a key to access the Trinity campus. If you no longer have organizational or other Church responsibilities, please return keys to the Trustees.
- Thank you to Reji Thomas and Sherry Reji (Pearland West Prayer group) for sponsoring snacks today. Reji, Sherry, Leyna, Nayana and Philip are thankful for their blessings, and prayers from the Trinity family.
- Verse for reflection: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. (Colossians 3:23)
Happy Sunday! Have a blessed new week!