COVID-19 Acknowledgement and First Aid and Emergency Medical Care Consent Form
Your child’s safety and the safety of everyone attending this year’s Vacation Bible School is our top priority. While there is still much uncertainty regarding COVID 19, we are monitoring the information provided by health experts and government agencies to help keep safe those who choose to come to Vacation Bible School (VBS) at Trinity Mar Thoma Church this summer.
Our mitigation plan includes:
- Health screening upon your arrival at church daily, which will also include a thermal temperature check.
Note:Should anyone in the same vehicle not pass the temperature check upon arrival, the whole family
- will not be allowed to attend VBS.
- Limitations on visitors/volunteers at church. Only registered students and parents, teachers, AND volunteers will be allowed on church grounds. Thermal temperature checks will be required for all attending VBS.
- Extra handwashing /sanitizer stations throughout church.
- Designated team to clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces.
- An emergency response plan that includes an isolation and quarantine protocol should a person at VBS develop symptoms of COVID-19 or other communicable illness.
I understand that during this COVID-19 public health emergency:
- I will not be permitted to enter any of the church buildings beyond designated drop-off and pick-up areas unless I have registered to be with my child during VBS or I am a volunteer/teacher.
- If there is an emergency requiring me to enter the church beyond the designated drop-off and pick-up area, I MUST adhere to have a thermal temperature check done, sanitize my hands, and wear a face mask before entering the Church premises.
- I will need to take my child's temperature and conduct the daily wellness screening of my child for symptoms prior to sending my child to VBS.
- In order to attend VBS, my child must be free from COVID-19 symptoms. While we understand that many of these symptoms can also be due to non-COVID-19-related issues, we must proceed with an abundance of caution.
o Fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
o Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
o Muscle or body aches
o New loss of taste or smell
o Sore throat
o Congestion or runny nose
o Nausea or vomiting
- If, during the day, any of the following symptoms appear, my child will be separated from the rest of the class and moved to a supervised, secure area. I will be contacted to come pick up my child immediately.
- If my child gets sick or is a confirmed positive case of COVID-19 during VBS, I will not bring my family to VBS and I will contact the designated VBS committee to let them know in order to ensure safety of everyone at VBS.
- My child must sanitize their hands anytime they enter any of the Church buildings.
- My child must wear a face mask covering the nose and mouth throughout the day unless they are eating. If my child loses/soils their mask, a mask will be provided to them to wear at all times.
- While present at VBS, my child will be in contact with children and adults who are also at risk of community exposure. I understand that no list of restrictions, guidelines, or practices will remove the risk of exposure to COVID-19. I understand that the members of my family play a crucial role in keeping everyone safe at church and reducing the risk of exposure by following the practices outlined.
I certify that I have read, understand, and agree to comply with all the requirements listed in this consent. I hereby release Trinity Mar Thoma Church and all its agents, volunteers, and any related persons from any and all liability related in any way to you, your child, or your family, relating to COVID-19 or other communicable illnesses at Vacation Bible School.